23 October 2020

OctPoWriMo 23 - I Still Believe in Magic

I dreamed of magic as a child;

I wanted wizards to be real;

I wished that I could do a spell,

And that the world was free and wild.


As I grew

I learned that facts

Aren’t always truth,

But I still believe

In freedom

And magic.


And though the colours oft go dull,

And life is sometimes but a trial,

Still I will always be beguiled,

And magic will always appeal.


Behind the clouds,

The rainbow waits,

The sun is always there:

A silver lining,

A pot of gold,

And magic.


Je crois toujours à la magie

et j'en croirai à tout jamais.


I don't know Latin at all, so I used French for the couplet at the end of the La'libertas. Another site said "any language acceptable except English."

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love the idea we can still believe in the things we believed in as children.

    And the form turned out great. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete