Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
10 October 2014
I am so sick today. I spent the whole day in bed, but then I really didn't want to miss a day of poetry, so I put together a haiku. I didn't follow the prompt.

So Sick

My head is floating
I spent the whole day in bed
So sick I can’t breathe


4 comments:

Christine said...

Same here, migraine. Did what I had to do, including getting a poem out. Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for the haiku! I love haiku, such a beautiful form.

Lance Smith said...

Get better soon! At least your poetry didn't suffer. I too like haiku for both reading and writing

Rod E. Kok said...

Very nice haiku! So impressive that you did this amidst a migraine. Hope you get better soon!

seekingmeme said...

I understand and hope you're feeling better soon. Your haiku, while not written about mental illness, still easily applies. It's a good description of what I experienced during periods of severe clinical depression. Thank you for persevering through your pain.