Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
14 October 2014
Today's prompt offered several quotes from poets past. I chose G.K. Chesterton: "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." I did actually write a trochaic tetrameter that mentions cheese before, but I decided to throw together another one today.

Cheese

I have written of cheese before;
I will write of cheese again:
Cheese and bacon—I want more!
Whoops! My diet’s down the drain.
Cheez Whiz? Never! Icky stuff.
All my dairy must be real.
Now I guess I’ve had enough,
Just until another meal.


5 comments:

S. Elle Cameron said...

Great job with using one of the quotes for inspiration. I actually found it kind of hard this time around.

http://sellecameron.blogspot.com/2014/10/uninspired-octpowrimo2014-day-14.html

Jessica Scott said...

Love it! And I can't stand Cheez Whiz either. ;-)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I was so hopeful someone would write of cheese. Wonderful, unfathomably delectable, poetic cheese!

Rod E. Kok said...

Great job! I'm impressed that you took the 'cheese' prompt!

dianaterrill said...

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who wrote about cheese! ^_^