Trending on this blog
One of my favourite shows right now is BBC's Sherlock. I also watch Big Bang Theory, and I noticed that Sheldon Cooper is very much a Sh...
“Never again!” we cry aloud. We stand before the foe unbowed. We will not stand idly by While our brothers and sisters die. We’ll stand...
Today's prompt is red , and the suggested form is the Harrisham . I didn't feel like doing much with it today, so I just listed all...
Today's prompt asks us to think about an ending that was positive. I've written a rondel about my first boyfriend. Only Relief ...
Today's prompt is tantalizing and the suggested form is Loop poetry . I can't remember if I've tried this form before, but I li...
Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads
- ► 2016 (39)
- ► 2015 (39)
- OctPoWriMo 31 - Halloween
- OctPoWriMo 30 - The Day Before
- Give Up the Light
- OctPoWriMo 29 - All I Need
- OctPoWriMo 28 - For the Light
- OctPoWriMo 27 - Sleep
- OctPoWriMo 26 - Never Fear
- OctPoWriMo 25 - Unseen yet Alive
- OctPoWriMo 24 - Critique?
- OctPoWriMo 23 - Killed in the Line of Duty
- OctPoWriMo 22 - No Mic
- OctPoWriMo 21 - Fingerprints
- OctPoWriMo 20 - Hurry, Hurry, Hurry
- OctPoWriMo 19 - Rain
- OctPoWriMo 18 - Slowly Spinning
- OctPoWriMo 17 - Sweet Music
- OctPoWriMo 16 - I Never Miss
- OctPoWriMo 15 - Almost
- OctPoWriMo 14 - Cheese
- OctPoWriMo 13 - Palate Palette
- OctPoWriMo 12 - Desire
- OctPoWriMo 11 - The Other Side of Love
- OctPoWriMo 10 - So sick
- OctPoWriMo 9 - A Poem
- OctPoWriMo 8 - Kill the Moon
- OctPoWriMo 7 - Hush
- OctPoWriMo 6 - I Will Fall
- OctPoWriMo 5 - Fire and Blood
- OctPoWriMo 4 - All Are Human
- OctPoWriMo 3 - Sweetness
- OctPoWriMo 2 - To Two Too?
- OctPoWriMo 1 - My Wings
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2013 (69)
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
28 October 2014
9:14 AM | Posted by Esther Spurrill-Jones | | Edit Post
Today's prompt is hunger. I'm putting together a book of poems about vampires and other creatures of the night, so that's been on my mind.
For the Light
For the Light
Now I hunger for the light;
As darkness gathers all around me
Here I stand in deepest night.
Once, this all was my delight;
Once, I thought that I was free.
Now I hunger for the light.
I remember day so bright
I sheltered ‘neath the rowan tree.
Now, here I stand in deepest night.
Sky of blue and clouds of white
Nevermore my eyes shall see;
And now I hunger for the light.
Only shadows in my sight
And the moon glows oh so faintly
While here I stand in deepest night.
I chose the night, became the fright;
Before me all shall flee...
And yet, I hunger for the light
As here I stand in deepest night.