Trending on this blog
“Never again!” we cry aloud. We stand before the foe unbowed. We will not stand idly by While our brothers and sisters die. We’ll stand...
One of my favourite shows right now is BBC's Sherlock. I also watch Big Bang Theory, and I noticed that Sheldon Cooper is very much a Sh...
Today's prompt is red , and the suggested form is the Harrisham . I didn't feel like doing much with it today, so I just listed all...
Today's prompt asks us to think about an ending that was positive. I've written a rondel about my first boyfriend. Only Relief ...
Today's prompt is tantalizing and the suggested form is Loop poetry . I can't remember if I've tried this form before, but I li...
Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads
- ► 2016 (39)
- ► 2015 (39)
- OctPoWriMo 31 - Halloween
- OctPoWriMo 30 - The Day Before
- Give Up the Light
- OctPoWriMo 29 - All I Need
- OctPoWriMo 28 - For the Light
- OctPoWriMo 27 - Sleep
- OctPoWriMo 26 - Never Fear
- OctPoWriMo 25 - Unseen yet Alive
- OctPoWriMo 24 - Critique?
- OctPoWriMo 23 - Killed in the Line of Duty
- OctPoWriMo 22 - No Mic
- OctPoWriMo 21 - Fingerprints
- OctPoWriMo 20 - Hurry, Hurry, Hurry
- OctPoWriMo 19 - Rain
- OctPoWriMo 18 - Slowly Spinning
- OctPoWriMo 17 - Sweet Music
- OctPoWriMo 16 - I Never Miss
- OctPoWriMo 15 - Almost
- OctPoWriMo 14 - Cheese
- OctPoWriMo 13 - Palate Palette
- OctPoWriMo 12 - Desire
- OctPoWriMo 11 - The Other Side of Love
- OctPoWriMo 10 - So sick
- OctPoWriMo 9 - A Poem
- OctPoWriMo 8 - Kill the Moon
- OctPoWriMo 7 - Hush
- OctPoWriMo 6 - I Will Fall
- OctPoWriMo 5 - Fire and Blood
- OctPoWriMo 4 - All Are Human
- OctPoWriMo 3 - Sweetness
- OctPoWriMo 2 - To Two Too?
- OctPoWriMo 1 - My Wings
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2013 (69)
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
26 October 2014
1:52 PM | Posted by Esther Spurrill-Jones | | Edit Post
Today's prompt is fear. I wrote this in church this morning.
Guns and bombs and storms and quakes—
We hear of these and we all shake.
War and terror bringing fear,
All the bad news that we hear,
None of it should make me worry
For He will always walk beside me.
With His help, I will find
Power, love, and steady mind.
Within His shadow I can hide;
Beneath His wings I will abide.
I will never have to fear
For He will always keep me near.