Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
03 October 2014
Today's prompt asks us to write about "what brings sweetness into your life." The suggested form is tri-fall, a syllabic poetry form with three stanzas of six lines. I had never tried this form, and I love forms, so I gave it a shot.

Sweetness

What things make me happy,
Make me smile,
Lift my soul and help me to soar?
I try not to worry—
Not worthwhile.
I have so much worth fighting for.


First, and best, I am free,
Not on trial.
I am blessed that we’re not at war.
Now, you may disagree—
I love style:
Clothes and shoes and baubles and more.


My favourite “candy”
Is when I’ll
Find a new fandom to explore.
I am very geeky;
It makes me smile
To read and write fanfic and more.


8 comments:

8697 said...

Thankful.. sweetness. Lovely!

Lizzi R said...

Now that's a funky taste on candy. Sweetly done!

Vinay Leo R. said...

:) First and best, I am free.

Most poets might have chosen to keep the freedom part as the last thing, but I like that you keep it as the first :)

* Smiles at the candy part *

payal agarwal said...

This is so beautiful!

Christine said...

Thanks for the reminder of how sweet it is to be free! Reading fanfiction is one of my favorite indulgences. :-)

seekingmeme said...

I love your "candy", my fellow poetic geek! I giggled as I read your last line as I sit with my writer friends in Panera, knowing that one of them is working on her latest fanfic!

Tamara Woods said...

Fun fandoms are the best. Whovian here. *tips fez

Helena Philomena Liebekraft said...

I'm quite the geek myself! Actually, all of us at Team Netherworld are. We have several fandom-based blogs, although in some cases the origins of the characters we discuss are obscured. However, we know about the chewy center within the crunchy coating!
Sorry--I just had to get a candy reference in there.
Thanks for visiting us at http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com