31 October 2020

OctPoWriMo 31 - A Rainbow Star

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay


They taught me I was broken, flawed,

And so I lived my life a fraud.

I hid the truth so deep inside,

Even from myself I’d hide.

You came and broke my chains, got rid of the facade.


I dreamed of being strange and weird,

And yet I constantly appeared

So ordinary, normal, drab.

My friends were cool and different, fab;

Devoid of colour, I was grey and dull and drear.


The door began to swing ajar,

And deep inside a rainbow star

Expelled the shadows, dim and grey,

Welcomed in the light so gay,

Revealed the colours in my soul so bright and clear.

 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful example of Florette #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. Today, I decided I wanted to get back into writing Haiku and Senryu. I also thought I might want to learn how to write poetry. So, I did some web searches and that is how I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you at OctPoWriMo this year.

    ReplyDelete