Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
02 October 2014
Today's prompt is 2, or two, or too, or to. I went with a two stanza poem where each stanza is two lines, and I think I've used every permutation of to, two, and too that I could. I thought about making each line be only two beats, but that would have been too short, so I went with four beats per line (which is two times two).

To Two Too?

Too many things to do today;
I need two minutes to play and pray.

Too much on my plate for me to chew—
God, can you add a few hours too?


7 comments:

thereveriejournal.com said...

If he tosses some your way. can you share? I could always use a few extra hours.

Sadie Tagabayan said...

A few more hours in a day are often a good thing--although I've had some days that I certainly wished were a lot shorter!
http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/octpowrimo-2014-day-2.html

Fifi Islaih said...

So true! Thank you.

Zoe Byrd said...

I know Im not alone in this but could I get a couple too if you have a connection?

Christine said...

Love it! Simple, playful, and oh so relatable. Who doesn't want more time?

ghostmmnc said...

Very nice, working with all the two, to, toos! Well, I'm not good at math, but the 4 beats worked out great! Thanks for stopping by my blog, 'too', Esther!

S. Elle Cameron said...

This is me everyday. LOL. I really love this one for it's simplicity and how easy it is to relate.