Trending on this blog
“Never again!” we cry aloud. We stand before the foe unbowed. We will not stand idly by While our brothers and sisters die. We’ll stand...
Today's prompt is red , and the suggested form is the Harrisham . I didn't feel like doing much with it today, so I just listed all...
Today's prompt is tantalizing and the suggested form is Loop poetry . I can't remember if I've tried this form before, but I li...
Today's prompt asks us to think about an ending that was positive. I've written a rondel about my first boyfriend. Only Relief ...
I really don’t understand why anyone has a problem with caring about others’ feelings. When I speak up in favour of other people, I’m labell...
Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads
- ► 2016 (39)
- ► 2015 (39)
- OctPoWriMo 31 - Halloween
- OctPoWriMo 30 - The Day Before
- Give Up the Light
- OctPoWriMo 29 - All I Need
- OctPoWriMo 28 - For the Light
- OctPoWriMo 27 - Sleep
- OctPoWriMo 26 - Never Fear
- OctPoWriMo 25 - Unseen yet Alive
- OctPoWriMo 24 - Critique?
- OctPoWriMo 23 - Killed in the Line of Duty
- OctPoWriMo 22 - No Mic
- OctPoWriMo 21 - Fingerprints
- OctPoWriMo 20 - Hurry, Hurry, Hurry
- OctPoWriMo 19 - Rain
- OctPoWriMo 18 - Slowly Spinning
- OctPoWriMo 17 - Sweet Music
- OctPoWriMo 16 - I Never Miss
- OctPoWriMo 15 - Almost
- OctPoWriMo 14 - Cheese
- OctPoWriMo 13 - Palate Palette
- OctPoWriMo 12 - Desire
- OctPoWriMo 11 - The Other Side of Love
- OctPoWriMo 10 - So sick
- OctPoWriMo 9 - A Poem
- OctPoWriMo 8 - Kill the Moon
- OctPoWriMo 7 - Hush
- OctPoWriMo 6 - I Will Fall
- OctPoWriMo 5 - Fire and Blood
- OctPoWriMo 4 - All Are Human
- OctPoWriMo 3 - Sweetness
- OctPoWriMo 2 - To Two Too?
- OctPoWriMo 1 - My Wings
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2013 (69)
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
04 October 2014
2:46 PM | Posted by Esther Spurrill-Jones | | Edit Post
Today's prompt asks us to write about something we believe in. I chose to tackle racism. Recently, I saw a post on Facebook complaining that in Canada, we press 1 for English when calling a customer service centre, and then someone commented that we will soon be "forced to learn Punjabi and Arabic" as if this would be the most terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing. Racism makes me very angry.
All Are Human
All Are Human
Not some heathen tongue!
How awful would it be if we all had to learn another language?
Now, let’s be real:
Studying makes you smarter,
And racism makes you dumb.
We’re all the same inside:
Male and female, any colour,
All are human.