Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
20 October 2014
Today's prompt is late. As in, "better late than never," or the anxiety of being late. I'm usually the eager beaver who shows up to everything early, so I wrote about the anxiety of waiting for others, the ones who show up late.

Hurry, Hurry, Hurry

I admit I hate to wait;
I am often early.
Others who are always late
Cause me to feel surly.

And yet this life is way too short
To throw away on worry.
There is much of more import
Than hurry, hurry, hurry.


5 comments:

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

I try not to be terribly late, but I must admit, I tend to be one of those who scurries in at the last minute!
http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/10/octpowrimo-2014-day-20.html

S. Elle Cameron said...

This poem really describes me. I'm always way too early because I get anxiety just thinking about having something to do. It paid off while I was in school and in most things but sometimes you just wish you can relax.

procrastinationcoach said...

That made me smile!

cshowers said...

So very true. I've always been punctual until recently. Now, I figure there are many more important things to worry about than time. :)

Fifi Islaih said...

That's true! We shouldn't waste our life in worries. Thanks die the reminder and poem!