25 October 2014

OctPoWriMo 25 - Unseen yet Alive

Today's prompt is magic, and one of my favourite poems is Leonard Cohen's "God is Alive, Magic is Afoot,' which reminds me of the blitz form with some variations. So I wrote a blitz poem inspired by it.

Unseen yet Alive

Magic is alive
Magic is believing
Believing in the unseen
Believing you can fly
Fly me to the moon
Fly, fly away
Away from all my problems
Away from all my troubles
Troubles follow me
Troubles help me see
See what is important
See the magic
Magic kingdom
Magic gathering
Gathering together
Gathering the hunt
Hunt for red October
Hunt the dragon
Dragon heart of fire
Dragon heart of flame
Flame that burns so brightly
Flame that lights the night
Night of wondrous beauty
Night of mist and shadows
Shadows reaching for me
Shadows flee the light
Light of wonder
Light of love
Love is all you need
Love is magic
Magic is afoot
Magic’s in the air
Air is all around us
Air, water, fire
Fire, water, earth
Fire, earth, water
Water falling softly
Water rolling waves
Waves of rolling billows
Wave goodbye
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to yesterday
Yesterday I heard the rain
Yesterday I knew the song
Song of love
Song of magic
Magic is alive
Magic is afoot
Afoot…
Alive...


2 comments: