21 October 2018

OctPoWriMo 21 - Joy or Misery

Tomorrow is a mystery.
I cannot know what happens next;
It could be joy or misery.

Life is simple yet complex,
And who am I to be alive?
I cannot know what happens next.

Sometimes I truly am surprised
That I am me and here, aware
For who am I to be alive?

There is no one anywhere
Who is exactly as I am,
For I am me and here, aware.

When I am gone, never again
May my thoughts and dreams draw breath,
For I'm exactly who I am.

I do not know what’s after death;
Tomorrow is a mystery.
May my thoughts and dreams draw breath:
It could be joy or misery.

4 comments:

  1. a metaphysical toss of the coin that you have expressed beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thoughtful write.Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the expression
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. May my thoughts and dreams draw breath. Love the image and the form

    ReplyDelete