13 October 2012

OctPoWriMo 13 - Looking for You

Today, I wrote a ballad about my husband Mark. Warning: Mushy lovey dovey stuff follows.

All the time, my whole life through,
I was always looking for you.
And, though I didn’t know it then,
You were searching for me too.
I had given up on men,
Happy to be single when,
You showed up and changed my life;
You caused my barréd heart to open.
You taught me how to sing and laugh;
You gave me joy in place of strife;
I love you, and you love me;
You asked me to become your wife.
And now today I clearly see,
Now “you” and “I” are only “we,”
That you were always the one who
Was meant to be with me.

3 comments:

  1. This poem hugged me so hard it squeezed out tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like poems that draw out smiles. This is definitely one of those poems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with mushy. That was very sweet, Esther. :)

    ReplyDelete