01 October 2012

OctPoWriMo 1 - New Moon


What is it that makes a new moon “new”?
Is it like the first page of a book,
Before the story starts, before “Page 1,”
That blank white sheet it seems words have forsook?

Or maybe it’s the writer’s blank notebook
Ready for adventures to begin,
Waiting for the pen to start the tale
Of love and loss and epic fights to win.

And at the end when all is said and done
The full moon fills the nighttime sky with light,
The story fills the heart and soul with joy,
And for a fleeting moment, all is right.

But then the cycle must needs start anew:
The moon will wane; the joy will fade too.

6 comments:

  1. "The story fills the heart and soul with joy..." Ah I breathe this in, thank you! Glad you decided to journey with us on this poetic words adventure! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And for a fleeting moment, all is right." Love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And at the end when all is said and done
    The full moon fills the nighttime sky with light

    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love it. I stare at the moon far too often trying to force people to see the face within it like I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the beginning of OctPoWriMo. So, as I go back and look through the previous challenges, I am discovering the "super-poets" who were able to post one poem per day for a month!

    Your presentation is excellent. I like the way you've organized them with an index and everything!

    ReplyDelete