27 March 2013

The Pocket Watch: A Wholock Fanfic

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big geek. I love fantasy stories. That's why I write fantasy. That's also why I write fanfiction. Sometimes I like to create my own world and characters, but other times, I like to play around in someone else's sandbox.
I challenged myself to write the following drabble/flash fiction in exactly 100 words.

§§§


"Sherlock, what's this?" John turned the pocket watch over, his fingers caressing the circular patterns on the silvery surface.

"Hmm? What's what?" Sherlock didn't look up from his book, his eyes skimming the page at an amazing rate.

John frowned. "Souvenir from a case, is it?" He tossed it into Sherlock's lap, rudely interrupting his reading.

His face a study in affront, Sherlock fastidiously set aside his book and picked up the ornate timepiece. After a moment of study, he tossed it away with an annoyed huff. "Honestly, John. It's just a watch. Boring." He pointedly returned to his reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment