Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
20 October 2015
Today, the prompt was to write a love poem. I chose to use the HexSonnetta form since I love sonnets and I've never tried this one before. This poem is dedicated to my husband Mark.

I Love You

Do I need to say
I love you? For you know,
And every day I show
That I will never stray.
I don’t do things halfway:
You’ll always be my beau.

Yet, I know words have might
And, so you won’t forget,
I once again will let
You know you are my light.
So, yes, I know ‘tis trite,
But I have no regrets.

Never more alone,
For you and I are one.


5 comments:

Abbey Michael Boyle Blount Fallin said...

super sweet.

Bluebell Books Twitter Club said...

amazing expressions.

payal agarwal said...

lovely! :)

Sunita Prasad said...

Heartwarming :)

Mark said...

I am blessed.