Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
30 October 2015
Today's prompt is to "write a poem that incorporates each of the senses." The cinquain seems fitting since there are five senses, but it has only five lines, and I had more to say. So each of the five stanzas in today's poem is a cinquain.

Sensation

I see
Art surrounds me,
Beauty encircles me.
Ask and receive; look and you’ll find
Beauty.

I hear
Everything sings;
Music is everywhere.
Listen! You will hear it as well:
Music.

I smell
Snow in the air,
The crisp scent of autumn,
Apples and pumpkins and spices,
Fragrance.

I taste
Pumpkin, turkey,
Sweet potatoes, and pie;
Candy apples and pumpkin spice:
Flavour.

I feel
Chill in my bones,
Warm fire roaring bright,
My lover’s warm lips on my skin:
Touching.


3 comments:

Mark said...

Very sensual,
love,
hot lips

Sunita Prasad said...

Bravo! What a take on the prompt. This is perfection, Esther :)

Lucinda Goce Bristol Tamhane Sahakian said...

perfect five senses release.