30 October 2015

OctPoWriMo 30 - Sensation

Today's prompt is to "write a poem that incorporates each of the senses." The cinquain seems fitting since there are five senses, but it has only five lines, and I had more to say. So each of the five stanzas in today's poem is a cinquain.

Sensation

I see
Art surrounds me,
Beauty encircles me.
Ask and receive; look and you’ll find
Beauty.

I hear
Everything sings;
Music is everywhere.
Listen! You will hear it as well:
Music.

I smell
Snow in the air,
The crisp scent of autumn,
Apples and pumpkins and spices,
Fragrance.

I taste
Pumpkin, turkey,
Sweet potatoes, and pie;
Candy apples and pumpkin spice:
Flavour.

I feel
Chill in my bones,
Warm fire roaring bright,
My lover’s warm lips on my skin:
Touching.


3 comments:

  1. Very sensual,
    love,
    hot lips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! What a take on the prompt. This is perfection, Esther :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect five senses release.

    ReplyDelete