29 October 2015

OctPoWriMo 29 - Only Relief

Today's prompt asks us to think about an ending that was positive. I've written a rondel about my first boyfriend.

Only Relief

I felt no grief when he walked away,
Only relief that he was gone.
In his life, I was a pawn,
A decoration for display.

I’d told myself it would be okay.
I loved him; I thought he was the one.
I felt no grief when he walked away,
Only relief that he was gone.

It was a sunny summer’s day:
My best friend told me what he’d done;
I wasn’t enough; he wanted fun.
She’d spurned him, but he’d tried to stray;
I felt no grief when he walked away.


5 comments:

  1. Experience comes in all kinds of flavors, doesn't it:)
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too good.The power of accepting such a stage in one's life is indeed a brave thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no grief when he walked away,

    that's a wrap up for a friendship when it comes with a heat, ends with a stroke.

    ReplyDelete