Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
21 October 2015
Today's prompt is to write a ballad about being overwhelmed and how we deal with it.

Storms and Strife

When life is full of storms and strife
I remember You;
When problems seek to bury me
I know I will break through.

I am Yours no matter what;
I hold onto You.
Love came down and died for me:
I know that this is true.

Over mountains’ lofty height,
Through the valleys low,
I will sing of all Your mercies,
Remember what I know.

I know that You are always here;
You will never leave.
You always give me a way out:
I only need receive.


6 comments:

Janet Martin said...

This sings like a hymn. Thank-you and also for sharing a song by a fav artist!!

Marcie Barack Lankford Ramsey Constantin said...

this is music to someone you benefit.

Carol Campbell said...

I hear this sung by a choir!

Sunita Prasad said...

Flowing!

Eleaine Sarah Thomas Jobs Bush said...

powerful view on life.

Eleaine Sarah Thomas Jobs Bush said...

http://bluebellbooks.blogspot.in/

check out short story slam week 31 today.