.

Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
25 October 2015
Today's prompt asks us to remember our favourite toy from childhood. I had a horse my mom crocheted for me that went everywhere with me, fueling my imagination.

Toy Horse

His body made of yarn,
Stuffed with fibrefill;
His tail two strands of white—
The rest had fallen out.
Yet, in my mind he shone with pride,
Trotted, cantered, ‘cross the fields;
Mane and tail flowing free,
Head held high with pride.


7 comments:

Nithya Venkat said...

A great toy horse.

Carol Campbell said...

Wonderful childhood memory!

Sunita Prasad said...

Childhood memories are a whiff of fresh air :)

ghostmmnc said...

Yes! A horse...if we couldn't have a real one, our toy ones were the next best thing! :)

Cressida de Nova said...

You have reminded me that I had a hobby horse which I loved.

Benji Barratt Clark Twohill Sullivan said...

smart words there.
;)

Deepti Agarwal said...

Beautiful ...