Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
08 October 2013
Today's prompt.

Love is...

Love
Is like fire
Burning deep inside
All-consuming inferno
Love is like crackling flames
Warm and comforting
My hearth and
Home
Love
Is a storm
Sweeps me off my feet
A whirlwind of desire
Love is like gentle breezes
The soft kiss of wind
And I feel
Safe
Love
Is like waves
Crashing and breaking
Billows rolling over me
Love is a babbling brook
A calm forest pond
Reflecting
Peace

6 comments:

Margit Sage said...

I love this. The shape goes so well with the words and theme of the poem. Excellent imagery. :)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Such a peaceful meditation on love. Enjoyed it very much.

samanthafain said...

Beautiful and warm :)

Christine said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous Joseph's Star!!!

seekingmeme said...

The form is a perfect fit for the words you chose. Using the elements of fire, wind, and water together like this was a great choice!

quinnpg said...

This poem made me feel like I was on a front porch at twilight wrapped in a poofy sweater with hot chocolate and a barking dog. Just beautiful...