16 October 2012

OctPoWriMo 16 - What Choice?

Today's prompt challenged us to pick a side on an issue. I decided to write on something that is very controversial but is personally very painful for me. Any attacks in the comments will be instantly deleted.
For more on my personal struggle, see OctPoWriMo 11 - Sometimes.


What Choice?

You say you're pro-choice?
Good for you.
I don't get that choice.
I'm like a starving person
Watching someone toss their leftovers.
I'd take them.
I'd take them all,
I'd love them all.
My choice means nothing though.
I still have no child.

2 comments:

  1. This gave me shivers. I love how poetry can express truths that are harder to say in prose, and this is a perfect example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is awesome. And expresses so much in a terse little poem.

    ReplyDelete