Trending on this blog
“Never again!” we cry aloud. We stand before the foe unbowed. We will not stand idly by While our brothers and sisters die. We’ll stand...
Today's prompt is red , and the suggested form is the Harrisham . I didn't feel like doing much with it today, so I just listed all...
Today's prompt is tantalizing and the suggested form is Loop poetry . I can't remember if I've tried this form before, but I li...
Today's prompt asks us to think about an ending that was positive. I've written a rondel about my first boyfriend. Only Relief ...
I really don’t understand why anyone has a problem with caring about others’ feelings. When I speak up in favour of other people, I’m labell...
Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads
- ► 2016 (39)
- ► 2015 (39)
- ► 2013 (69)
- OctPoWriMo 31 - Quietly Give up the Light
- OctPoWriMo 30 - You Were Mine
- OctPoWriMo 29 - Parts of My Soul
- OctPoWriMo 28 - Mom is Sick
- OctPoWriMo 27 - Thunderheads
- OctPoWriMo 26 - I'm Sorry
- OctPoWriMo 25 - Love is Us
- OctPoWriMo 24 - Family
- OctPoWriMo 23 - "When it Happens to You" read alou...
- OctPoWriMo 22 - Still Sick
- OctPoWriMo 21 - Smug and Little
- OctPoWriMo 20 - Normal can Change
- OctPoWriMo 19 - Nothing Ever Lasts
- OctPoWriMo 18 - I Lie
- OctPoWriMo 17 - I Am Lost
- OctPoWriMo 16 - What Choice?
- OctPoWriMo 15 - You've Always Been My Biggest Fan
- OctPoWriMo 14 - I'm Sick Today
- OctPoWriMo 13 - Looking for You
- OctPoWriMo 12 - When I Read a Poem
- OctPoWriMo 11 - Sometimes
- OctPoWriMo 10 - Mornings
- OctPoWriMo 9 - Music
- OctPoWriMo 8 - Thanksgiving
- OctPoWriMo 7 - Bestest Friends
- OctPoWriMo 6 - When I Was a Child
- OctPoWriMo 5 - Friday
- OctPoWriMo 4 - Life as a Play
- OctPoWriMo 3 - Questions and Answers
- OctPoWriMo 2 - Dreams
- OctPoWriMo 1 - New Moon
- ▼ October (31)
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
10 October 2012
9:48 AM | Posted by Esther Spurrill-Jones | | Edit Post
Just five more minutes, Mom. I will awake
In time to eat and brush my teeth, I swear.
Aw, come on. Why can’t I get a break?
I want to sleep some more. It isn’t fair!
Hit snooze and snooze again just one more time;
My bed so soft and warm I hate to rise.
I hate nothing like I hate that chime
That calls me to be healthy, wealthy, and wise.
I sometimes like to rise before the sun,
To sit in quiet while all others sleep,
And not to think of what needs to be done,
To pray the peace I find then I can keep.
But most days, coffee is my closest friend.
I wish my sleep would never have to end.