Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
10 October 2012



Just five more minutes, Mom. I will awake
In time to eat and brush my teeth, I swear.
Aw, come on. Why can’t I get a break?
I want to sleep some more. It isn’t fair!

Hit snooze and snooze again just one more time;
My bed so soft and warm I hate to rise.
I hate nothing like I hate that chime
That calls me to be healthy, wealthy, and wise.

I sometimes like to rise before the sun,
To sit in quiet while all others sleep,
And not to think of what needs to be done,
To pray the peace I find then I can keep.

But most days, coffee is my closest friend.
I wish my sleep would never have to end.

2 comments:

Annie Gray said...

I feel the same way about most morning

Sarah said...

With the exception of the coffee part this was me senior year of college when I had to get up for 8 am classes. ^^; The best part of this poem is how it is written in such a way that anyone, regardless of age, can identify with it. :)