Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers

Blog Archive

Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
24 October 2012
Today's prompt asked us to "Fetch a book off your shelf, any book, and turn to a random page. Pluck out three words from the page, any page. Make those three words the subject or the inspiration or, perhaps, a character in your poem." I asked my husband Mark to grab a book for me, and he brought me a novel called "Lacey's Way" which made me laugh as it is a book I would never read. However, I wanted a challenge, so I opened it up and found the following words: "laugh," "cry," and "blood." I crafted the following cinquain from this inspiration.



Family
Laughing, crying
Blood, thicker than water
Kinship

0 comments: