.

Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
27 February 2012










Won't someone save the children?
I fear nobody will.
They're hiding in the shadows
As Darkness comes to kill.

They've barely started living,
But evil doesn't care.
This killer has no mercy;
Not one of them he'll spare.

The boy who dreamed of freedom:
He is the first to die.
He wanted peace and justice;
He never ceased to try.

He lived life with a passion;
He loved with all his heart.
You see, he felt too strongly
From the very start.

I hear the cries of younglings
As they're sent into the grave
By hands that should protect them.
He is once again a slave.

-Esther Spurrill-Jones

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

This poem is beautiful but sad :)
By the way I've given you an award over at my blog http://www.lifeisgood-forever21.blogspot.com/2012/02/awards.html

Bess Weatherby said...

Oh so sad! But very lovely.