Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
24 May 2013
A Single Thread (Cobbled Quilt #1)A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book so much. It almost makes me want to learn quilting. Not that I need another hobby.

I laughed, and I cried, and I cheered along with the wonderfully crafted characters. The plotline where a main character is diagnosed with breast cancer struck close to home for me, as I lost my mother to that last year.

The romances grew so organically out of the relationships Marie Bostwick introduced. I like romance well enough, but I roll my eyes at contrived love stories. No eye-rolling here, though; only smiles from me.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read character-driven stories. It's not my usual fare: most of the time, I prefer stories full of magic and such, but it doesn't need any of that. It's simply beautiful. Well-crafted, like a handmade quilt.



View all my reviews

0 comments: