24 May 2013

Review of A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick

A Single Thread (Cobbled Quilt #1)A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book so much. It almost makes me want to learn quilting. Not that I need another hobby.

I laughed, and I cried, and I cheered along with the wonderfully crafted characters. The plotline where a main character is diagnosed with breast cancer struck close to home for me, as I lost my mother to that last year.

The romances grew so organically out of the relationships Marie Bostwick introduced. I like romance well enough, but I roll my eyes at contrived love stories. No eye-rolling here, though; only smiles from me.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read character-driven stories. It's not my usual fare: most of the time, I prefer stories full of magic and such, but it doesn't need any of that. It's simply beautiful. Well-crafted, like a handmade quilt.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment