12 October 2019

OctPoWriMo 12 - A Spark in the Dark

Prompt: Black
Form: Shadow Sonnet



A Spark in the Dark

A shadow falls across my life, a shadow
To shield and cover me behind Your shield.
Your rainbow guards my heart. You hold the rainbow
To wield defending me. Your sword I wield:
The Word in flesh; the Light. You are the Word
And everything I need. You’re everything
Unheard no eye has seen nor ear has heard.
I sing in light or dark; for You I sing.
Night and day are Yours, and in the night
The stars proclaim Your glory. Moon and stars:
Light so gentle in the night. Their light
Applause. And all creation stands to give applause.
In darkest night, I find You in the dark;
You spark something with me. You’re my spark.

2 comments:

  1. Love the mystery and joy of faith in this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed how you used today's poetic form to bring grace to your song of faith.

    ReplyDelete