Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
16 July 2012
It's time for Knights of MicroFiction, hosted by Jess and Kathy. The prompt is "In 200 words or less write a flash fiction using the phrase:  The sky darkened..."

The sky darkened while I watched, listening to the rolling rumbles shake the heavens. I felt the sound in my bones, in my soul. A cool breeze washed over me, tempting me to close my eyes, to lose myself in the sensations. I resisted the urge, watching the sky, waiting.
There! A spear of light cut through the clouds to my right, thrusting down toward the earth. As I blinked away the afterimage, another one stabbed downward on my left. And another directly in front.
My heart rose within me, beating like a bird’s wings. And I did feel as if I could fly.

5 comments:

Ashna Banga said...

Ooh.. beautiful-turned-scary! Like the way you use the words to reflect your feelings! :)

Jess said...

Wow, I loved it!! Very beautiful language, I could really picture it all!! Great job! Thanks for participating :)

kmckendry said...

Great imagery. I wouldn't want to fly through lightening. Scary.
Thanks for participating.

Mark said...

You are a beautiful writer, and you write beautifully too.

Esther Spurrill-Jones said...

Aw, thanks, sweetie. :)