.

Buy me a coffee

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Trending on this blog

My Books

Esther Spurrill Jones's books on Goodreads

My Pinboards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Esther has read 11 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Blog Catalogue

Writers Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Scribophile

Scribophile, the online writing group for serious writers
Esther Spurrill Jones. Powered by Blogger.
19 April 2012
The other day, I had a meeting with my manager at work and she told me that she sees leadership potential in me and she would like to start mentoring me towards moving into a leadership role here. I've never thought of myself as a leader before. In every job I've had in the past, those who were loud and outgoing were promoted, and I'm quiet and rather introverted. I mentioned this to my sister-in-law, and she said that true leaders are not necessarily the loud, bossy individuals who often get the titles and positions--true leaders are servants, those who are willing to help others around them to succeed. I guess that describes me.

I'm so excited right now. I've never been this happy about work.

1 comments:

Morgan said...

Ohhh.... fantastic news, Esther! I'm stoked for you. I agree with the leadership qualities you described above. A real, true leader is a rare thing (IMO) !!!